Saturday 17 August 2013

Method All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner

Well, until today, I would have told you that the best general cleaner for the kitchen was Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner.  While it is still a super product, I was tempted today to try something else.  I have to say that I am drawn to cleaners with a pleasant smell.  I have always enjoyed the smell of the Lysol cleaner.  Not a harsh smell, but a fresh and clean one!  I also feel quite confident in the fact that Lysol is truly going to kill 99% of the germs out there.  While not a germaphobe, I am very careful in the kitchen and REALLY want to make sure I especially kill any germs from raw meats.  

Ok, so fast forward to today... The other day, my sweet husband told me that (according to Consumer Reports) the best cleaner for granite is Method All-Purpose Natural Surface Cleaner.  Hmmm.... what's a girl to do?!?!  Gotta try it!  I happened to be in Target (By the way, DO NOT go to Target the Saturday before school starts!!!!!!!!  MADHOUSE!)  I steered right down the middle of the store and noticed the display of various Method cleansers.  I grabbed the one I was looking for and then noticed a the Daily Granite product.  Of course, I grabbed both!!! :)

I have to say that as soon as I got home, I noticed something sticky on my countertops.  I knew just what to do!  I was so happy that the Pink Grapefruit smell was YUMMY!  The sticky substance came right up!  As I was typing this, my youngest daughter brought me a tag from something recently bought.  It had something sticky on it.  She said, "Hey, why don't we try this?"  I reached for this cleaner, and the tag was clean in a flash!  I cannot believe what I am about to tell you!  Lysol Kitchen Cleaner is #2!!!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE this new cleaner!  I love that it's super safe around pets and children.  It lists counters, tile, stone, wood, and glass as the types of surfaces it cleans.  One thing to note is that it is NOT an antibacterial cleaner...went to the website and asked if it actually kills germs.  Waiting on a response.  I do notice that there is an antibacterial kitchen cleaner.  May have to try that!!!

Let me know what you think!

Julia


Well, just as I'd feared..

AUG 20, 2013  |  02:46PM PDT 
Felicia replied:
Hi Julia,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write to us and for your interest in method. Our all purpose cleaner is a great cleaner and degreaser. It kills germs that way a clean, dry non-porous surfaces kills germs by not leaving food for bugs. But if you're handling raw meat you'll want to try our antibacterial kitchen cleaner. It kills 99.9% of common household bacteria.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email me directly anytime.
Kind Regards, 

Felicia 
consumer response :: method 
phone: 866.9.method

Guess I will have to try the kitchen cleaner!!!

1 comment:

  1. OK... you convinced me. I have been curious about Method cleaners and now I will definitely try them. Thanks Julia!

    ReplyDelete