Saturday 27 July 2013

PJ's Skinny Organic Burrito - Mixed Review

So, a friend suggested that I try these burritos from Costco.  Always up for a challenge, I decided to give it a go!  



These are packed with protein and have little fat.  My husband and I both had one.  Microwave AND oven directions are included.  Which do you think I picked?  Yes, of course...microwave!!!  After nuking each for 3 minutes total, we sat down to eat.  The size was perfect for a meal.  I can't imagine eating 2 of them!  As I've experienced with other microwaved tortilla items, the edges were a little tough.  There is a good mixture of chicken, beans, cheese, rice, and bell peppers.  Overall, I would give these a 6/10.  They were pretty good, but definitely not outstanding.  The next time I try them, I will bake them and see if that makes a difference.  They were very filling!  This would be a great option to take to work with you.  Much better for you than grabbing a burger and fries, although your co-workers may not appreciate the after effects if you have a sensitivity to Mexican food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment